Loughcrew Megalithic Centre
16 – 17 November 2019
Welcome to our special page devoted to getting our supplies together and all preparation for our upcoming Jeans workshop. By following the advice here you will get the most out of the two day workshop. Please bear in mind your first pair of jeans will be like the first pancake – they won’t be perfect but will start you on your journey to that perfect fitting pair of jeans. It may not be possible to totally finish your jeans during the 2 days but you will have all the tricky parts of the construction completed and fitting perfected as much as possible.
- Sewing machine and any accessories that go with it (all your feet etc). Please ensure your machine is in good working order.
- Sewing pattern
- Cotton fabric for pocket facings – ½ M or fat quarter
- Jeans Button (amount is dependent on style)
- Jeans Rivets
- Denim/Jeans Zip (dependent on style)
- Fusible Interfacing
- Sewing kit including:
- Cutting scissors – Paper and fabric
- Snipping scissors
- Pinking shears optional
- Rotary cutter optional
- Cutting mat optional
- Sewing thread – matching and contrast for tacking
- Top-stitching thread and needles if using
- Sewing machine needles – jeans type
- Sewing machine feet – especially normal and zip feet
- Any other sewing machine feet you think might be useful
- Pins or clips
- Pattern markers – chalk etc
- Seam ripper
- Measuring tape
- Fabric -This will depend on the style that you choose and the size you are making, please get in touch with me if you are unsure what kind of denim to pick. Please wash your fabric at least once in advance, to allow for any shrinkage beforehand. If you would like samples of any of our fabrics you can get them here>> FABRIC SAMPLES
You can find everything you need in our shop – click the big button below. There is a 15% discount off everything in this category only when you use the code Jeansworkshop2019
Denim Washing Advice:
Cut into 1 or 2m lengths if possible – open up fabric and wash each piece separately. This will avoid the lines you can get after washing.
Please wash in a gentle cycle @30′ C and remove from machine to line dry line immediately preferably or low tumble dry – check with fabric first.
Some denim fabrics especially 100% cotton benefit from 2 – 3 washes before cutting out and sewing to get rid of dyes and preshrinking.