Sewing Progress – January 2020
Sewing my handmade wardrobe and #make3in3 progress for January
Here is my January Update on my #make3in3 – There is a link to the Video at the end.
1. The Ash Jeans are completed used a Dark Indigo Stretch 11 oz denim from our online shop. Topstitched in dark Navy Thread. Cut out one weekend and sewed up the following weekend in early January.
2. Kelly Anorak: I have the Khaki Oilskin in stock, Thinsulate ordered and has arrived. Just need to decide on a lining and what size to cut. Might need to size up to allow for the insulation. Have all the hardware available in the shop so I can just take what I need when I get to the finishing stages. I will probably leave that until March now when I might have a wee bit more time.
3. Classic Bra: I had the pattern traced for ages and I have a few bra kits in my stash – it’s a matter of taking it all out and cutting out my first trial bra and going for it. I have finished the bras over the weekend but will save them for the next vlog / blog for February but keep an eye on Facebook and Instagram for a preview.
I have lots of other side projects coming and going as well:
I Finished my McCalls Shirt made in out tencel Fabric. Decided to use the hand cut glittery buttons.
A bunch of Jalie tshirts for my husband. This is the same pattern I’ve been using for his tshirts since I started sewing jerseys maybe 8 years ago. He finds the fit is spot on and likes the cotton jerseys I use.
The Somerset tshirt with bishop sleeves from Maven patterns in one of our modal french terry fabrics. I’ve been wearing this loads since I finished it. I’m going to make more but will try a forward shoulder adjustment as it hitting the front of my neck. (normally a pet hate but it’s fine in this fabric as its so soft).
I’d like to make a start on my Camino wardrobe – leggings and tshirts and a nice zip hoodie but without the hood. Possibly the New Horizons Summit Peak with the collar hack and zip. I will use a brushed sweatshirt from the shop
I’ve uploaded a video (vlog) to my Youtube Channel:
Patterns Mentioned in the video:
- Ash Jeans
- Elliot Sweater
- Kellie Anorak
- Classic Bra Pattern
- Jalie Mens Tshirt
- Camino Hoodie Pattern and Collar Hack
Fabrics and notions:
- Denim for Jeans
- Tencel for M7838 Shirt
- Buttons for the shirt
- Modal Fabric for Somerset Shirt
- Pique Knit for Somerset Shirt
- Cotton Jersey for mens T shirt
- Sweatshirt fabric for Camino Hoodie
Have a lovely week – mind yourself now I hope you get some sewing done
Don’t Forget : Spring Open Day – Saturday 7th March 10am – 4.30Pm
Join our sewing community
We have a great active Facebook group where the members post photos of finished projects they have made from our fabrics to inspire your creativity, you can ask questions and someone else out there will have the answer if I don’t. Its a lovely safe environment to chat about sewing, patterns and fabric recommendations even what sewing machine to buy or where to get it serviced.
Also from the blog…
Pattern and Fabric Review by Joanna / Joannasfeelingcrafty ROBINSON TROUSERS – PATTERN REVIEW by Joanna The Robinson Trousers by Ensemble Patterns have been on my radar for a while. They are just perfect combination of stylish and comfy. And I’m all about the...
Dress Fabrics Guest Blogger: Welcome Fionnuala Sewing a Sagebrush Top - A Review Sagebrush Top by Friday Pattern Company The pattern is easy to follow although I made some changes. I did a forward shoulder adjustment which I really did not need...
Dress Fabrics Guest Blogger: Bernie This is my first blogg! I read some of the bloggs on Maeve’s site and it was lovely to read about how many of you learned sewing skills from your Mam. The only thing I helped my mam sew was the carcase of a chicken with a...